Tuesday 5 April 2016

The warmth of ideas


When the cold winds blow, and I huddle in my studio over the winter, I move around making assemblage works rather than more stationary occupation of painting. Bitumen paint doesn’t 'work' in the cold, so I collect, re-arrange, dream, hammer, stick, and write.


It is a performance of possibility. Deleuze’s notion of ’becoming’, is a process of change, flight, or movement. One that in this case I use to keep warm…


I use this notion in-process with each assemblage, accounting for relationships between the "discrete" elements of the assemblage, creating possibility in the dialogues between elements. And then add text.


Making, imagining, dreaming, relating…’ the process of "becoming" is ……….generative of a new way of being’  ( ASSEMBLAGE & Deleuzehttp://www.rhizomes.net/issue5/poke/glossary.html ) Some Objets-Textes that kept me warm this winter:
Morceux (Crumbs),Castigat vivendo mores, L'escalier des arbres,




….

2 comments:

  1. Delphi... are you still making? I love your work! You came to visit my blog years ago in search of information about 'strawberry tree'. I should have visited back then, but, better late than never.

    ReplyDelete